UES Principal’s Page

My name is Christina M. Duncan and I am the new principal at UES. I am new to UES but not to IW. The 2017-2018 school year will be my tenth year working at IW. I previously taught 3rd grade for nine fabulous and fantastic years at GES. I am looking forward to my newest journey in the IW school district.

I not only love working in education but have always loved school. I graduated high school in 1998 from Kankakee High School. I then went to Northern Illinois University (GO HUSKIES!) and earned a B.A. in Elementary Education in 2003. Ten years later I graduated from Olivet Nazarene University with a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership. A couple of years ago I took online class offered by The University of St. Francis and hold an ELL Endorsement. I am positive my educational adventure is not quite over yet!

I live in Danforth with my husband (Brian) and my son (Jason). Brian and I have been married for 13 wonderful years. Jason is now a Freshman at IW High School, GO RAIDERS! When I am not at school I enjoy reading, camping, traveling, and going to the movies. One of my favorite things to do is go see the newest Marvel movie with my son Jason. My favorite Avenger is Iron Man!

My vision as Principal of Iroquois West Upper Elementary school is to: Create a Learning environment which is challenging, Encouraging, and Rewarding for Each Individual Student. Strive to make each student’s experience meaningful to them. I will work diligently with the staff at UES to make my vision shine and come to life at UES. I look forward to a wonderful and rewarding 2017-2018 school year.

Mrs. Duncan

UES Principal