Room Parent Guidelines
Responsibilities of the Room Parent:
- Provide treats for special occasions at their own expense or collect from other parents
- Provide chaperone service on field trips and other special occasions
- Assist with parties, end-of-year parties, etc.
- Collect money and make purchases in case of death of a student or teacher or one of the immediate family members (Also, in case of serious illness of a student or teacher)
Services to be avoided:
- Providing school-wide treats
- Having Santa Claus on a school-wide basis unless requested by all teachers in the building
- Providing gifts or treats on a school-wide basis to faculty/staff members
- Honorary activities and all fundraisers
Limit parties to:
- Valentine’s Day
- Treats only for St. Patrick’s Day
Limit these parties to the actual holiday or the last school day before the holiday. In case of emergency school closure, the party could be held on the first school day after the holiday.