Welcome to English class!Here is a little about me. I grew up on a farm outside of Watseka, IL. My parents still operate and live on the farm. I have an older brother and sister who are my two best friends. I will admit I was a very spoiled child. My parents encouraged my siblings and me to travel and see the world. I have been to Europe three times, visiting France, Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic.

I graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a BA in English and a minor in professional writing. After graduation, I left the country for two years. I lived and worked as an English teacher in Seoul, South Korea.  While living in Seoul, I was able to travel around Asia to Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam.

However, even after seeing all of these amazing places, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing quite as beautiful as a bright green cornfield or a harvest moon setting over the Midwestern sky. So, after all of my wanderings I moved back home. This year marks my 14th year teaching at IWHS. Wow, how time flies when you are having fun!

I am married to Brad Meyer, also known as Nancy’s oldest son. Our son, Jude is now 4 and waiting to become a big brother this April.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. High School Office: 815.265.4229  Email: ceighner@iwest.k12.il.us