Welcome to English class!Here is a little about me. I grew up on a farm outside of Watseka, IL. My parents still operate and live on the farm. I have an older brother and sister who are my two best friends. I will admit I was a very spoiled child. My parents encouraged my siblings and me to travel and see the world. I have been to Europe three times, visiting France, Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic.

I graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a BA in English and a minor in professional writing. After graduation, I left the country for two years. I lived and worked as an English teacher in Seoul, South Korea.  While living in Seoul, I was able to travel around Asia to Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam.

However, even after seeing all of these amazing places, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing quite as beautiful as a bright green cornfield or a harvest moon setting over the Midwestern sky. So, after all of my wanderings I moved back home. This year marks my 13th year teaching at IWHS. Wow, how time flies when you are having fun!

I am married to Brad Meyer, also known as Nancy’s oldest son, and our son, Jude Fehrm Meyer is currently in the terrible threes stage!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. High School Office: 815.265.4229  Email: ceighner@iwest.k12.il.us